May 25, 2021 – As of today, the CARM Client Portal is open for business. This does not mean that you need to register immediately, but it will be open and ready when you are set to register.
To set up your account, you will need to know:
• The 9-digit BN and importer RM extension registered to your legal entity;
• The exact corporate name and complete address;
• The answers to 2 of 3 following affinity questions:
1. What is the transaction number and total duties and taxes of one of your recent transactions? This is a recent transaction for the RM importer account that you are using to register your account.
2. What is the exact value of your most recent payment? This is the most recent payment for your RM importer account that you are using to register your account.
3. What is the balance of your last statement of account? This is the last statement of account for your RM importer account that you are using to register your account.
You need to enter only one importer RM extension when registering your business. If there are any other RM accounts registered to the same 9-digit BN, they will automatically populate and be displayed on the portal under the BN9 account. If you require assistance from the CBSA, you can contact the CARM Client Support Helpdesk (CCSH) by completing the web contact form available directly on the portal, or by calling 1-800-461-9999, menu Option 2 – Business Importation/Exportation, Option 6 – CBSA Assessment and Revenue Management. The CCSH has indicated that their service standards are 2 business days for straightforward questions and 10 business days for more complicated financial information, but they will endeavour to answer more quickly.